[AccessD] The future of Access, .NET and SQL

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 29 08:29:02 CDT 2005

Arthur, that's just it.

Writing is like any other business. If it takes me a week to produce an
article, I can't pay my rent. If it takes me weeks and weeks -- months in
the case of .NET -- to become proficient enough to write basic articles, I
can't survive. I will never learn .NET well enough to compete with the big
dog writers -- and there's really not a market for the basic stuff. In the
long run, it is not in my best interest to learn it -- if I were going to
develop with it, yes, I probably would move ahead. I'm not.

Susan H.

I would suggest beginning with the Access Northwind app and progressing to
its .NET equivalent, but I wouldn't want to write that, at least at the
rates that my current clients are paying LOL.