[AccessD] Combo to Combo

Steve Conklin developer at ultradnt.com
Fri Sep 30 13:49:29 CDT 2005

Virginia:
You need a many-to-many table to relate the Systems to the Failure Types ...

tblSystem:
PK=systemID
1 (Alarm)
2 (Dryer)

tblFailType:
PK=FailTypeID
1 (Age)
2 (Wear)

tblSystemFailType:
FK1=SystemID	FK2=FailTypeID
Alarm  		Wear
Alarm			Shorted
Dryer			Wear
Dryer			Age

Then on the form, after user selects system from combo1, requery combo 2 to
show the applicable  failure types

Combo 2 source = "SELECT FailTypeID, FailType FROM tblFailType WHERE
FailTypeID IN " & _
" (SELECT FailTypeID FROM tblSystemFailType WHERE SystemID=" & me.combo1 &
")"

Hth

Steve