[AccessD] Import Fixed Length Data

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Mon Apr 24 10:59:27 CDT 2006

I have a LONG text file that I need to extract into an Access table.

Every record is five lines so the Access import system will not work.  The
field descriptions are also part of the data which is no big deal.  I can
import the field descriptions and then delete those fields later.

What I am after is...Does anyone have a neat fixed-length import system that
will handle multiple lines per record?

If not, how do I jump to the next line after I finish with one?

Can I read one entire line into a string and then manipulate that?  Or
analyze it for certain data in order to handle the entire line differently?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
812.523.1017