[AccessD] Defense of Access

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Apr 2 03:56:20 CDT 2006

Hi Dan

Well, you can argue that you don't know what you don't know ...
Maybe Mr. Clever is an expert in macro programming!

/gustav

>>> dwaters at usinternet.com 01-04-2006 23:50:56 >>>
Hi Marty,

The version of Jet used by Access since A2K has optional record-level
locking.  This was a significant improvement for me.

Thanks for this discussion - I had never heard before of two versions of
Jet.  But it does sound as though the two versions are very different and
may not deserve to be argued as if they were similar.

IMO, the primary problem with Access is simply that untrained inexperienced
people try to take Access beyond what they're capable of (and they don't
even know they're not!)  A person at one of my customers uses only macros,
and he tells other people that I don't know what I'm doing even though the
system they have includes over 60K lines of code.  Luckily his boss (my
invoice approver) knows the difference!

Dan