[AccessD] Trigger a macro

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Apr 3 11:51:09 CDT 2006

I think that is a very bad idea.  Either a field is required or not in
the table.  If it won't always be filled in, then it shouldn't be
required.  You can control entry with the BeforeUpdate event of a form
quite easily and it doesn't take any monkeying around with the back end.
That is the only practical way to handle values that are required under
some circumstances and not under others.

If the data entry is being done through a query or a table, STOP IT!
Forms are there for a reason:  they allow you to control things like
this and to keep the user from shooting themselves (and you) in the
foot!

Charlotte Foust