[AccessD] Strip out text

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Tue Apr 4 12:01:54 CDT 2006

Naw, I use a single underscore behind the table prefix.

;-)

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 12:29 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Strip out text

Hi Mark

Hey, JC must have a util for this - his favourite naming style!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 04-04-2006 18:10:28 >>>
Hello All,

I have just recieved a new db to link to...and I want to create a dictionary
for all of the wonderful acronym names used.  I have a list of field names
in each table.  The format is the same across the board: BB_CREG_TU  or
TTT_PROG_GYU_FRWTG (format= some letters...an undersore...more letters...and
so on)

The can be 1 - 4 underscores in each name.  I would like to take this list
of field names and strip out each part and create a new list.  For the
example above I would now have 7 records...starting with BB and ending with
FRWTG.  The underscore is always the seperator.  Any suggestions/direction
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte