[AccessD] Trimmean Function in Excel - How to in Access

Tue Apr 11 08:21:53 CDT 2006

Well there may be more elegant ways, but you can do this with two queries.
The first one sorts ascending on the appropriate field(s) and you set it to
return the top 90%. Then you use this query as the data source for the
second query. It sorts descending and you set it to return the top 91% which
should leave you with the middle 90% sample.

HTH

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Julie
Reardon-Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:53 AM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Trimmean Function in Excel - How to in Access

I'm trying to trim my dataset in Access so that I drop the top 10% of the
data as well as the bottom 10% of the data so that I can get rid of
extraneous values that may skew the results.  I know that in excel, I can
use the trimmean function to do this.

Can't find an equivalent in Access.  Any Suggestions?

Julie Reardon-Taylor
PRO-SOFT OF NY, INC.
44 Public Square Suite #5
Watertown, NY 13601