[AccessD] Access To Excel - Best Practices For Protecting Formulas

Lawrence Mrazek lmrazek at lcm-res.com
Thu Apr 13 16:37:47 CDT 2006

 Hi:

Hopefully this will be my last message on this subject (much thanks to Jim
Hale and the rest of the list for helping me with my Access to Excel VBA
woes). I'm building a pretty complex workbook from Access (multiple
worksheets, using named ranges in formulas), and everything is working fine,
data is coming down from access, my template correctly formats the results
(conditional formatting even works!) and I'm pretty happy.

Since we're getting ready to roll this out to the sales dept, I'm wondering
what is the best way to protect all of my formulas from someone
inadvertantly deleting or altering them? While I have some of the cells on
the workbook that can be edited, the majority are formulas that need to be
protected. Can I do this sort of selective protection in VBA?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com