[AccessD] Can't open any more databases

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Apr 20 16:43:58 CDT 2006

On 20 Apr 2006 at 15:05, John Colby wrote:

> The vast majority of these "open recordsets" are for combos, and if changing
> to a snapshot would return the connection to the pool, then this would go a
> long way to ameliorating this issue

If the combo data is static, one way to cut down the connections is to pull
it all once into arrays and feed it into the combos as lists rather than
using recordsets.

I've just done something similar recently in a VB/SQL Server application
where I have a large number of inter-dependent combo boxes. With up to 100
concurrently users, I didn't want to be requerying multiple comboboxes over
the network constantly, so I pull all the data into a set of arrays at
startup and dynamically build the combobox datalists from the arrays as
required.

--
Stuart