[AccessD] Strange Access Behavior

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Mon Apr 24 06:51:31 CDT 2006

All right...more confusion. We all know that Access saves data
automatically. Now, however, it also saves object changes automatically.
That is, I make a change to a table in design view, then close design view.
Access has always asked me if I wanted to save my changes. It does not do
that now; it automatically saves the changes. I don't see anywhere that I
could have set this as an option; has anyone else experienced this? Any
suggestions as to how to get out of it?

TIA.

Thomas F. Ewald
FCS Database Manager
General Dynamics Land Systems
(586) 276-1256

             Thomas F
             Ewald/LS/GDYN
             04/24/2006 07:03          accessd at databaseadvisors.com

                                                                   Subject
                                       Strange Access Behavior(Document
                                       link: Thomas F Ewald)

Hitting the New Object:AutoForm button when a table or query is selected
creates the form, as always. However, it will not let me get out of it
without saving. If I don't want to keep it, I have to save the dumb thing
and then delete it. Could I have accidentally set something to do this? Is
anyone else experiencing this? Using the New Object button was always a
quick way toto create a temporary form, but you had the option to just not
save the puppy. BTW, I'm using XP (Access and Windows).