[AccessD] OT Google maps

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 25 13:12:06 CDT 2006

Hi Mark and Don

Yes I know that - it's installed - but the web service is shareable with a click!

> Kinda scary when you think of it...

Exactly. Very powerful.

Just located my hotel in Barcelona - with the pool on the roof:

http://maps.google.com/?om=1&t=h&ll=41.405326,2.212147&spn=0.002165,0.003519

Note the wonderful beach. Did you know that? A large city with "built-in beach".

Oh well, Friday is approaching ...

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 25-04-2006 19:23:24 >>>
Gustav,

Have you used Google Earth?  Same concept as google maps...but with a lot
more cool features.  I used it a few months ago...I rented a cabin in the
mountains...looked at it with google earth...and I could tilt the map...and
see what the mountains looked like from the deck...not a picture perfect
image...but a great idea of what the terrain looked like.  I then emailed
the link to my friend that was joining me there.

Another great feature...is that you can zoom on an area...and select what
type of business you want it to pinpoint for you(banks, gas stations, fast
food, chinese restaurant).

Some areas have better imagery than others...the parking lot at the google
campus...you can almost see in the sunroof of a car in the parkinglot.
Absolutely amazing.

Kinda scary when you think of it...

Mark