[AccessD] Upgrade to Office 2003 - Access2k3

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 3 13:13:52 CDT 2006

I have been running with Jet SP 8.0 for over a year so I have forgotten
any problems that might have occured but it doesn't affect my version of 97
2003 or 2007
There is a registry key, you can switch if sudden problems occur with
sandbox
mode but some form of sandbox has been around since JetSP4
You should perhaps upgrade to Jet SP8 before installing Office 2003
It shouldn't affect you unless you are doing weird things in SQL
like SELECT Shell("c:\windows\System32\calc.exe") FROM Customers;
Sandbox protection applies not just to SQL but also to Form Event properties

Here is a long article explaining it from Gerry Robinson

 How To Avoid An Access 2003 Sandbox Storm
http://www.vb123.com/toolshed/04_docs/sandbox.htm

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.