[AccessD] Trigger code every day

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 10 13:35:50 CDT 2006

Hi Rocky:

Running the timer in the application can be complex, if the user is going in
and out, has to be a specific user etc. You can use command line scheduling.
On the older servers the "at" could be setup and on the new servers the
"schtasks" can be used. Example:

schtasks /create /tn "MyExportApplication" /tr c:\apps\myexport.exe /sc
daily /sd 8/25/2006 /st 3:00

...then it would run in the background with no processing time consumed. The
above application, named "MyExportApplication", would run the application
myexport (any executable, batch, script or even MSAccess app can be run),
runs daily, starting 25 August 2006, at 3:00am in the morning. The schedule
would be created by an admin person avoiding all the permissions issues.

HTH
Jim