[AccessD] Trigger code every day

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu Aug 10 17:57:34 CDT 2006

The answer is "it depends."  We created a couple of products that run
like this.  The big gotcha is that it doesn't run as a service, and it
really isn't a good idea to install Access on a server.  Yes, it sucks
up cycles, not to mention the fact that when the server goes down, it
will come back up but your application won't.  The better way is not to
use Access for the app.

When you say the app is going to "export some files",  what do you mean?
Are these files created by the app or by some other application, with
the desired program just checking for the existence of files and then
moving them somewhere?

Charlotte Foust