[AccessD] Background color on a tab control

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Mon Aug 14 15:37:25 CDT 2006

Hi Andy,

This is a database in A2K format.  The organization uses a grey and
purple basic color combination, with some things in green.  The form is
a student information form with grey detail section and a purple
header.  The tab control was grey - just by being placed on the form.
Its background is set to transparent, and in the earlier versions of
this database that I went back to check on, the tab control is grey,
just like the form, just as it is supposed to be.  In the newest
version, all of a sudden, my tab control is white.  I don't know why.
When I tried to fix it by deleting this form and importing the same form
from an earlier version, the newly-imported form had the same problem -
the tab control is white, not grey.  I've compacted and recompiled.  The
tab control stays white.  Something is wrong here and I don't know what
it is.  I've tried creating a new blank database and importing
everything into it - that didn't help.  I'm not looking forward to
importing objects one by one to see who is messing up my tab control,
but it's starting to look as though I will have to.

I do the development work on my box, make a patch database with the new
or modified objects, then import those changes into the database
onsite.  The last time I did that, we made some further changes to the
onsite database, which I put into a patch database to bring back to my
own box.  It seems that the problem arose when I imported those changes
into my database.

They are using Win2K Pro and I am using WinXP Pro.  They are using A2K
and I am using A2K3.  The database format is A2K.  I have been able to
update the onsite database with my patches with no problem.  Is there a
problem I should have known about in importing patches back from their
copy of the database?

Thanks,
Tina