[AccessD] Bang and Dot operator in Runtimes.

John Skolits askolits at ot.com
Mon Aug 21 14:46:16 CDT 2006

I've been able to fix this by making some changes in code but want to know
if anyone has additional info on why this occurs.

Sometimes, referring to a text box with the "." operator sometimes fails in
runtime apps.

me.txtDate = #1/1/2001#  'Causes an error
Vs.
Me!txtDate = #1/1/2001#

The error message I get is that the dot operator is invalid.

I simply change it and it's fine. Yet, on other forms, it's working.

I re-import and uncompile/compile many times on these apps and it still
doesn't seem to always catch the potential problem.

Any thoughts?

John