[AccessD] Bang and Dot operator in Runtimes.

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Aug 22 09:28:11 CDT 2006

Thanks Susan!

Dan Waters

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Bang and Dot operator in Runtimes.

Me isn't required anymore. You're right. Some people still use it out of
habit, for backward compatibility, and for self-documentation purposes
although I'm not sure I really get the latter point.

Now, Me.txtPerson may be more efficient in that Access doesn't have to
resolve the reference because it's already there. How much the Me identifier
impacts performance with today's systems probably isn't worth the bother. A
lot of the things we use to do for the sake of efficiency just don't matter
anymore.

Susan H.

A.D. said that using Me.txtPerson is more efficient, but how is it more
efficient, and is it so much more efficient that I should slow down my
programming to add all those Me.'s?  Of is it just that if you're going to
use Me. or a M!, then Me. is better?