[AccessD] [Fwd: Word XP and access]

Borge Hansen pcs at azizaz.com
Wed Aug 23 00:57:42 CDT 2006

Hi,
Funny, I am sitting here working with the exact same issue....
I am using Helen Feddema's code from

http://www.helenfeddema.com/access.htm
Number 92  accarch92.zip

mentioned in a post a few days ago

I am using SQL string as the record source, (see frmMailMergeSQL in Helen's example).

I noted that when opening the Word mail merge document you are met with the SQL alert you mentioned, and tried to find the source of
this message and get rid of it...

It's created when using the Mail Merge wizard, and I've found no way to get rid of the message other than suppressing it using
William's suggestion.

If I understand correct, William's suggestion would require a Word 'macro' / vba code, which by itself *could* create other another
message appearing....

Two ways of getting totally rid of the sql alert message:
Either
....copy the table with the mail merge info into a new document with the same page setup as the original mail merge document.
or
....create a mail merge document for labels without using the mail merge wizard..... just set up the page and label type and manully
add the fields into each label on the page

Now, New Question:
Any ideas of how to offset the start of printing on the label sheet to the first 'available' label on the sheet. Say you have a 2 x
7 label sheet and the first two rows of labels have been used; the offset is to start on label 5.

My initial thinking was to create say x 'empty' records (zero length fields) for the offset by way of using a union query: first
part adding the x 'offset' records and the second part being the sql select query... (and with the x empty records sorted to the top
of the list).

Is that a way to go, and if so what's the sql to create x empty records???

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards
Borge