[AccessD] A2000:Connecting to a Back End on a web site

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Thu Aug 24 08:19:20 CDT 2006

Hi Darren

1. Yes. With FTP you can only get or put a file. Anything else - like Novell's NetDrive - only fakes other operations by downloading to a local copy, perform the operation and upload again. This would, of course, act very slowly for database operations and only for single user access.

2. You can only connect to a web site via HTTP for reading.

3. Yes.

/gustav

>>> darrend at nimble.com.au 24-08-2006 01:45 >>>
Hi Gustav

Thanks for the replies

I do appreciate this is substantially more than an email

Just confirming - I am not able to FTP an MDB  to my website and connect to it
(with read and write access) using an Access front end - Is that the case?

If I want to connect to an MDB I have FTP'd to my web site (with read/write
access) I have to connect using html or asp or some web language - Is that the
case?

If I want to use an access front end with (read/write access) over the internet
- I have to connect to a say...SQL dB - is that correct?

Many thanks

Have a great day

Darren
T: 0424 696 433