[AccessD] Cascading Listbox

David A Gibson dgibso at uark.edu
Mon Dec 11 12:13:45 CST 2006

I've done cascading Listboxes in the past but want to do something new.

I want the first listbox to select a table and the second to display
the data in the next.  Right now there are three to choose from.

I am filtering the first listbox by way of a query.

SELECT MSysObjects.Name
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE (((MSysObjects.Name)<>"MSysObjects" And
(MSysObjects.Name)<>"MSysAccessXML" And
(MSysObjects.Name)<>"PREV_COMM" AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=1) AND
((MSysObjects.LvProp) Is Not Null));

OR

SELECT MSysObjects.Name
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE (((MSysObjects.Name) Like "tbl*") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=1)
AND ((MSysObjects.LvProp) Is Not Null));

Either method provides a list of the 3 tables for the first listbox.

I am having problems with the Row Source for the next Listbox.  I
have tried variations of:

SELECT Forms!frmMain!List17.Item_Code, Forms!frmMain!List17.Descr,
Forms!frmMain!List17.Seq_No, Forms!frmMain!List17.Due_Days FROM
Forms!frmMain!List17 ORDER BY Forms!frmMain!List17.[Seq_No];

The error I am getting is "Syntax error in FROM clause."

Any guidance?

David G.