[AccessD] For next loop - using date criteria

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Wed Dec 13 13:02:05 CST 2006

I am trying to use date criteria in a for next loop but loop never
increments. Loop works if a hard code in a step but with variable. What
might I be missing? Code below.

StartDate = #11/1/1948#

EndDate = #11/1/2006#

LoopStart = CLng(StartDate)

LoopEnd = CLng(EndDate)

For I = LoopStart To LoopEnd Step DaysinMonth

    Debug.Print CVDate(I)

    DaysinMonth = DaysInMonth2(CVDate(I)) + 1

Next I

End Function

Public Static Function DaysInMonth2(D As Date) As Integer

'

' Returns the number of days in a month

' Requires a date argument, since February can change if it's a leap
year

' Lets Access figure it out

'

  If VarType(D) <> 7 Then

    DaysInMonth2 = Null

  Else

    DaysInMonth2 = DateSerial(Year(D), Month(D) + 1, 1) -
DateSerial(Year(D), Month(D), 1)

  End If

End Function

Chester Kaup

Engineering Technician

Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, LLP

Office (432) 688-3797

FAX (432) 688-3799

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large