[AccessD] OT - Specifying Excel Ranges

Reuben Cummings reuben at gfconsultants.com
Thu Dec 14 11:10:35 CST 2006

I have a case where I need to change the number of rows in Excel formulas
quickly.  The problem there are about 8 formulas per 'group' of numbers that
I will have to change everytime I need to change the number of rows.  Going
into and changing 8 formulas is a pain.

What I would like to is create the formula in one cell and in two other
cells specify the upper row limit and lower row limit.

For example, I want Average(C2:C10).  However, rather than specifying C2 or
C10 I want to put 2 and 10 in two other cells and let the formula reference
those cells in order to get that range.  If I change it to 4 and 7 my new
formula would now be average(C4:C7) (at least that's how it would
calculate).  Then another formula would automatically change from
median(D2:D10) to median(D4:D7)

This would allow me change the 2 or 10 only one time, but it would change
all 8 formulas in the group.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings