[AccessD] Script an Access database?

artful at rogers.com artful at rogers.com
Tue Dec 26 16:23:21 CST 2006

Is there a built-in or freeware or shareware tool that can script an Access database? By that I mean, generate the create-table statements and the insert statements required to populate the tables. Ideally, the tool would let me choose the tables of interest.

What I want is the MS-SQL version of said statements. Normally I would use SSIS to import the data, or alternatively the upsizing wizard. In the former case, it doesn't like something about the database. In the latter case, I'm running into a real oddity (Access 2003) -- if the database is open I get a message that says I cannot run the import/export wizard with any databases open, and if I close the database, the wizard is greyed out.

TIA,
Arthur