[AccessD] Multiplying Currency with 6 decimals

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 4 10:44:55 CST 2006

Hi Reuben

Multiply the amount by 100 before the calculation.
Divide by 100 when you need the actual amount.

It should be noted that in many cases tax authorities do accept minor rounding up or down as that is a part of real life and counting decimal pennies is of so little value that it can be ignored.

/gustav

>>> reuben at gfconsultants.com 04-12-2006 17:29 >>>
I have an application that allows a unit to import a text file which then
shows the TOTAL cash due to a unit.  However, the state keeps some and
therefore the unit gets a percentage sent to them.  The result is how much
cash they actually get.

No problem so far....

However, the state uses a percentage with 6 decimals.  The currency data
type is only four decimals.  Therefore I can't use currency and now I get an
error of several pennies on each calculation.

Any suggestions on how to get the accuracy back?

Thanks.

Reuben Cummings
GFC, LLC
812.523.1017