[AccessD] Question on hours again

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 08:26:51 CST 2006

You are not being a pest at all. Your questions are exactly why
AccessD and DatabaseAdvisors was created. All of us were new to this
at one point.

The Format string would do in the control source for a text box
control in the report footers. You would need the previously described
Minutes:datediff("h",[TimeIn],[TimeOut]) in the query for it to work
in the report though. And you would need an equals sign in front of
that first format.

If you can get A J's VBA code based solution going that might be a
better way to do it of course. But there is almost always more than
one way to bet it to work too.

Good luck with it.

I just thought of another possible solution too. If you created
another field in your data file that was the number of minutes and
then populated that either at data entry time or via an update query,
then you could use that field to do your totalling on. You would still
have the issue of displaying hours and minutes on your report totals
though.  Wouldn't be considered good database design either since you
would be storing a field that you could calculate from other stored
fields. But some times we have to do things that are not exactly
perfect from a database design point of view too.

GK