[AccessD] Complicated join

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Sat Dec 16 08:53:21 CST 2006

I'd create a new field for both by parsing just the six characters you need,
then join on that field.

Susan H.

Here is the rub.  Most of the entries in the courses fields match because
they are 7 numbers or they both have the character+6 numbers combination.
There are approximately 1800 records that need to be matched with the 3/3
combination.  How do I isolate just those records that need to be matched
using the 3/3 combination?  Here is an example:  tblCourses: SPN1101,
SPN2101, SPNL101, can match with tblMajors:  SPNX101.  I hope this is
understandable.  I can send more examples if needed.  Thanks.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.