[AccessD] Unbound forms

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Dec 19 16:19:24 CST 2006

What's the purpose of locking the controls?  In an unbound form, nothing is
going to change in the tables unless you provide that route.  Locking the
controls is like putting a padlock on a wall.

If you are using an unbound form for data entry/modification, you should be
using a data class/collection in the background.  You are in complete
control of when the data gets changed.

What's the real goal here Martin, why have an edit/save button instead of
just a save?  Personally, I use bound forms for most data entry things, if
I'm using an Access front end.  If I use unbound forms, it's because I want
to control what's being done, so I can alert other things if necessary.
With a data entry form, you could have a 'auto save' feature, where if it's
one, changes are saved just like a bound form, if it's off, it prompts to
save the data, or you could even hold all the changes in the
classes/collection, and save in a batch process.

Drew