[AccessD] DB Corruption, Memo field?

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Wed Dec 27 20:54:01 CST 2006

I've seen this work in rare cases. Open Excel and then open the mdb file in
Excel (choose All Files from the File Type option).

If it works, save the worksheet with the Access data as an xls file. Then,
import the data from the xls file back into your database.

Susan H.

Hi Folks:

Using Access XP/2002

I'm currently troubleshooting a corruption issue that I think I've narrowed
down to a specific table in my DB (we'll call it tblAnnoyance <G>), as I can
import / export every other table in the db without any problems except
"tblAnnoyance".

Thus far, I've tried all of the built-in tools (Compact and Repair, the Jet
Utility), with no luck ... The compact gets to a certain point and then
Access shuts down.

I've also tried to browse the table to see if I can find any errors, but
once I get to a certain point, the db shuts down as well. I've found that if
I delete a memo field in the table (tblAnnoyance) using a copy of the
database, the Access will compact and repair. So I guess the problem is with
the specific memo field, but I really don't want to have to delete the
field, since I've been having problems copying data from the field as well.

Any hints as to where I should go from here?

Larry Mrazek
LCM Research, Inc.
www.lcm-res.com
lmrazek at lcm-res.com