[AccessD] Save as Text

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Sun Dec 31 06:29:05 CST 2006

Marty

Can you explain a little. I have based the intro on the templates on the save as text stuff. This is the copy edit stage so cant change to much.

Oh ny the way Gustav even with the typo fixed the procedure still fails!

Martin

Martin WP Reid
Training and Assessment Unit
Riddle Hall
Belfast
Saving tables is the one exception to this method instead use the
DAP pages method, it is a carryover from the original Access 97 method
where it was really undocumented as opposed to just MS undocumented.
I got the original hint from Larry Lawson.

 'This saves all tables, references, relationships,
      ' DAP's and command menus to one file.

      SaveAsText acDataAccessPage, "", strPath & "dbAllTablesText.txt"

      'Save only once to one file so exit.
      '  the constant acDataAccessPage doesn't exist in Access 97
      ' so use the magic number 6

Also you may not want to save temp Queries so

    If  dbs.QueryDefs(i).Name, 1)  <> "~" Then
         'remove temp queries from selection

'using acTable = 0   with SaveAsText 'Tables won't work in 2003 or 97
   ' you will get saveastext 2487 error.