[AccessD] Shelling to dos

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Fri Feb 3 22:23:11 CST 2006

Does a shell to dos run in its own thread, i.e. will the shell command
return instantly, leaving the Dos process running?

I need to Xcopy a directory from here to there.  Rather than doing that from
inside of Access and tying up my program, I thought I would run a batch file
that does an Xcopy with a ton of switches that copies subdirs, sets the
archive bit etc.  This only really helps if the shell returns once it gets
the xcopy running, but Xcopy must continue to run after the shell command
returns.