[AccessD] PDF printer driver and SDK

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Mon Feb 6 21:45:20 CST 2006

Folks,

I just discovered this:

http://www.neevia.com/

Cheap at $19 for the cheapest printer driver (per machine I think) and $30
for the SDK to write VB code to drive it.  I printed my first Access
document 15 minutes after discovering the web site, through free downloads
of the driver and SDK.  Of course the free driver places "printed by
Docuprinter SDK" in every page of the printed doc, which I assume goes away
when you buy the $30 license which I will be doing tonight I think.

The Access report looks identical, down to the fonts, colors etc.

Looks VERY good to me.  The SDK has dozens of methods (it is a library that
you reference in Access) that can do stuff that I don't even understand, as
well as stuff that sounds logical to do.  Not being a PDF expert of course I
don't know what most of the stuff is but it's there if you need it.

Take a look if you are doing this kind of thing, particularly if you are
doing a "server" kind of program, as I am.