[AccessD] Manipulating Excel Cells

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 1 10:19:10 CST 2006

Hi John

No, that is not so ... why should it be that complicated?

To reference the value of a cell of a worksheet:

  .Worksheet.Cells(intRow, intColumn).Value = lngValue

and so on for all the other properties of a cell.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com 01-02-2006 16:51:22 >>>
I'm baaaack.  ;-)

Here's the deal.  I am working with a spreadsheet that has columns of
systems and rows of documents.  Therefore each cell represents a
system-document.  BTW, this was a "source" for me to build a pair of tables
- tblSystem and tblDocument.  I then added a field to tblDocument called
SpreadsheetRow and a field to tblSystem called SpreadsheetColumn.

We are tracking the receipt of these documents.  The client now wants to
see, back in his original spreadsheet, the "status" of a given system
document using colors to express the status - white = not assigned, red =
not received, yellow = partial receipt, green = received.

So... I have to go "poke colors" out into the spreadsheet.  I have
discovered the "area" property which has a color attribute.  What I need now
is a translation from the column LETTERS to a column number since for some
bizarre reason the columns have letter names but cells are referenced by
column numbers.  "Brain damaged children" as Bill Cosby would say.

Does anyone have code for manipulating cells by cell(intRowNumbers,
strColNames)?