[AccessD] Automation error with Outlook 2003

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 18:11:13 CST 2006

Folks,

I have an app developed in Access 2002 that sends html formated e-mail using
outlook automation.  The app works fine on my computer; WindowsXP, and
AccessXP Developer.  The app runs fine on another computer we have with the
same operating system and OfficeXP.  Tested it on a computer with WindowsXP
and Office 2003 and now I am getting an "error -2147024770(Automation Error.
The specified module could not be found.)".  My code uses late binding since
I can not be sure what version of Outlook folks will have on their
computers.

The Code is as follows.
Dim oOut As Object
Dim mItem As Object
   On Error GoTo WriteMessage_Error

            'create new e-mailitem and display without sending
        Set oOut = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
        Set mItem = oOut.CreateItem(0)

The error occurs on the line with CreateObject.  I have done some searching
on the web for this but can not find any specific causes.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Doug