[AccessD] A2K - Duplex Printing

Bobby Heid bheid at appdevgrp.com
Fri Feb 3 10:16:02 CST 2006

Have not done this to set the values, but I have read the values.

Try something like this before creating the MDE or before sending out an MDB
(air code and no error checking):

Dim rpt As Report

	'const acPRDPSimplex as long=1
	'const acPRDPHorizontal as long=2
	'const acPRDPVertical as long=3

	;open report in design view and hidden
	DoCmd.OpenReport "NameOfYourReport", acViewDesign, , , acHidden

	Set rpt = Reports("NameOfYourReport")

	'valid values for duplex are acPRDPSimplex,
acPRDPVertical,acPRDPHorizontal
	'normal is acPRDPSimplex.  In our app, reports that are landscape
and print
	'duplex use the acPRDPHorizontal constant.
	rpt.Printer.Duplex= acPRDPHorizontal

	DoCmd.Close acReport, .Name, acSaveYes
	set rpt=nothing

Note that lots of times, I print duplex while testing and the duplex setting
sticks.  SO try that first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Bobby