[AccessD] Conversion

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sun Feb 5 11:15:56 CST 2006

The field names in the language tables have the language name embedded
in them: fldLanguageChineseComplex,  fldLanguageChineseSimple,
fldLanguageFrench.  When the user selects their language preference from
the preferences form in the utilities menu, I save the field name in the
Preferences table.

They also have the option to check a Unicode box.  Figuring out how to
handle Unicode was the trickiest part of it for me.

I have 8 translate routines because the translate thing developed over
some time solving different little problems.  It could probably be
reduced to a couple but since it's working well I didn't have the
motivation to go back and polish it up.  There are some special
differences for sub-forms and sub-reports.

The basic form or report translate routine gets the form or report name
passed to it.  The code cycles through all of the control on the form or
report checking to see if that control name is in the table.  If so, it
gets the appropriate translation and changes the control - mostly the
caption property.  The translate routine for the message boxes runs the
same way, only I pass the name of the message to the translation routine.

Rocky

--
Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software