[AccessD] Lotus Notes Email - Thanks!

jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com
Mon Feb 6 08:39:27 CST 2006

Dan,

Here is some more code samples that may be of use for you.  Make sure you
set the references for Lotus Domino Objects and Lotus Notes Automation
Classes.

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Module    : mdlSendLotusNotesMail
' DateTime  : 2004-Mar-23 11:48
' Author    : Jeffrey F. Demulling
' Purpose   : Used to send email via Lotus Notes.
' Notes     : Orginal Code can be found at:
http://www.fabalou.com/VBandVBA/lotusnotesmail.asp
'
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option Compare Database

'Public Sub SendNotesMail(Subject as string, attachment as string,
'recipient as string, bodytext as string,saveit as Boolean)
'This public sub will send a mail and attachment if neccessary to the
'recipient including the body text.
'Requires that notes client is installed on the system.

Public Sub SendCTConnectionViaNotes(Subject As String, myrecipient As
String, mySaveFlag As Boolean, mySendFromFlag As Integer)
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Procedure : SendCTConnectionViaNotes
' DateTime  : 2005-Apr-08 13:43 13:43
' Author    : Jeffrey F. Demulling
' Purpose   :
'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'

'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes
    Dim maildb As NotesDatabase
    Dim MailDbName As String    'THe current users notes mail database name
    Dim MailDoc As NotesDocument
    Dim AttachME As Object    'The attachment richtextfile object
    Dim session As New NotesSession
    Dim MailDbDir As NotesDbDirectory
    Dim EmbedObj As Object    'The embedded object (Attachment)
    Dim strBodyText As String
    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
    Dim cmdtext As String
    Dim mysendfile As Variant
    Dim myServer As String
    Dim myFile As String
    Dim mymessage As String

   On Error GoTo SendCTConnectionViaNotes_Error

    'Open the mail database in notes
    Select Case mySendFromFlag
        Case 2
            myServer = GetPropertyValue("MarketingSharedEmailServer",
setconnection)
            myFile = GetPropertyValue("MarketingSharedEmailFile",
setconnection)
            session.Initialize
            Set maildb = session.GetDatabase(myServer, myFile)
        Case Else
            session.Initialize
            Set MailDbDir = session.GetDbDirectory("")
            Set maildb = MailDbDir.OpenMailDatabase()
    End Select

    If maildb.ISOPEN = True Then
        'Already open for mail
    Else
        maildb.OPENMAIL
    End If

    'Set up the new mail document
    Set MailDoc = maildb.CreateDocument

    MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "Form", "Memo"
    MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "Subject", Subject
    MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "SendTo", myrecipient

    Select Case mySendFromFlag
        Case 2 'CT Shared
            MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "Principal",
GetPropertyValue("MarketingSharedEmailPrincipal", setconnection)
'MarketingSharedEmailPrincipal
            MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "$INetPrincipal",
GetPropertyValue("MarketingSharedEmail$INetPrincipal", setconnection)
'MarketingSharedEmail$INetPrincipal
            MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "DisplayFrom",
GetPropertyValue("MarketingSharedEmailDisplayFrom", setconnection)
'MarketingSharedEmailDisplayFrom
            MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "DisplayFrom Preview",
GetPropertyValue("MarketingSharedEmailDisplayFromPreview", setconnection)
'MarketingSharedEmailDisplayFromPreview
        Case Else 'Users
            'Do Nothing
    End Select

    strBodyText = "Thank you for requesting that we send you the Corporate
Trust Connection electronically.  We are"
    strBodyText = strBodyText & " certain you will enjoy this edition.  If
you have any comments or future article"
    strBodyText = strBodyText & " suggestions, please respond to:" & vbCrLf
& vbCrLf
    strBodyText = strBodyText & "marketing.corporatetrust at usbank.com" &
vbCrLf & vbCrLf

    strBodyText = strBodyText & "NOTE: If you wish to remove your email
address from this mailing, please reply to:" & cbCrLf
    strBodyText = strBodyText & " marketing.corporatetrust at usbank.com,
including your name, organization and email address."
    strBodyText = strBodyText & "  Please write REMOVE in the subject
line." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

    Set Body = MailDoc.CreateRichTextItem("Body")
    Body.AppendText strBodyText

    'Place Attachments
    cmdtext = "SELECT"
    cmdtext = cmdtext & " TempFileList.FileName"
    cmdtext = cmdtext & " FROM"
    cmdtext = cmdtext & " TempFileList"
    cmdtext = cmdtext & " ORDER BY"
    cmdtext = cmdtext & " TempFileList.FileName;"

    Set db = CurrentDb
    Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(cmdtext)

    If Not rst.BOF And Not rst.EOF Then
        rst.MoveFirst

        Do Until rst.EOF
            mysendfile = rst.Fields("FileName")
            Set EmbedObj = Body.EmbedObject(EMBED_ATTACHMENT, "",
mysendfile)
            rst.MoveNext
        Loop
    End If

    'Send the document
    Select Case mySaveFlag
        Case True
            MailDoc.SaveMessageOnSend = True
            MailDoc.ReplaceItemValue "PostedDate", Now()
            MailDoc.Send (False)
        Case False
            MailDoc.SaveMessageOnSend = False
            MailDoc.Send (False)
    End Select

    'Clean Up
    Set maildb = Nothing
    Set MailDoc = Nothing
    Set AttachME = Nothing
    Set session = Nothing
    Set MailDbDir = Nothing
    Set EmbedObj = Nothing

   On Error GoTo 0
   Exit Sub

SendCTConnectionViaNotes_Error:
    Select Case Err.Number
        Case -2147217504
            mymessage = "Emails have not been sent for one of the following
reasons:" & Chr(13) & Chr(10)
            mymessage = mymessage & "1: User canceled sending of email by
canceling Lotus Notes password promt" & Chr(13) & Chr(10)
            mymessage = mymessage & "2: User is not an authorized user of
the 'Marketing - Corporate Trust Shared' email box"

            MsgBox mymessage, vbCritical, "Action Cancelled"
            End
        Case Else
            MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & " (" & Err.Description & ") in
procedure SendCTConnectionViaNotes of Module mdlSendCTConnectionViaNotes"
        End Select
End Sub

Jeffrey F. Demulling
Project Manager
U.S. Bank Corporate Trust Services
60 Livingston Avenue
EP-MN-WS3C
St. Paul, MN  55107-2292
Ph: 651-495-3925
Fax: 651-495-8103
email: jeffrey.demulling at usbank.com

             "Dan Waters"
             <dwaters at usintern
             et.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "'Access Developers discussion and
             accessd-bounces at d         problem solving'"
             atabaseadvisors.c         <accessd at databaseadvisors.com>
             om                                                         cc

                                                                   Subject
             02/05/2006 11:28          Re: [AccessD] Lotus Notes Email -
             AM                        Thanks!

             Please respond to
                  "Access
                Developers
              discussion and
             problem solving"
             <accessd at database
               advisors.com>

Barb & Stuart!

Thanks for this help.  This is one of those 'could make the difference'
items!

Dan Waters