[AccessD] Need help

Wed Feb 8 15:25:07 CST 2006

Extracting the text in positions 3 through 6 is easy...

txtSomeTextVariableOrSomeTextControl = Mid([Event Number],3,6)

But how those four characters translate to a date is another matter. Can you
show us some examples of the data that appears in [Event Number]?

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of DorisH3 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:17 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Need help

I apologize ahead of time but I am fairly new to Access and desperately
need
help.
I have a text field called Event number I need to remove the text from
position 3 thru 6 and place it into a date field on a form....can anyone
tell me  how
I can accomplish this task. Thanks for any help extended my  way.....D