[AccessD] Email using SMTP

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 12 13:36:13 CST 2006

Hi Max

Don't do that unless for fun or if you don't know what to do.
It's for a reason that so many controls are available ...

If you are trying to avoid installation issues, stick with a DLL solution like that from Marshall.
Or use a command line util that saves to files which you later can parse like GetMail:

  http://www.xmailserver.org/davide.html

/gustav

>>> max at sherman.org.uk 12-02-2006 20:16:41 >>>
Hi Gustav,
Yes, I looked at both of those but I *think* the Free one will give me all
that I need (but of course, I won't know for sure until I hit a block).
What I would like is the actual API code that utilise the winsock so that I
can do away with the ActiveX completely.

In brief it offers:
FreePOP Methods
Connect - Disconnect - SetCurrentMsg - RetrieveCurrentMsg - DeleteCurrentMsg
- ResetDeletedMsgs - GetOtherHeader - strHeaderLine - WriteCurrentMsgToFile
- GetStringValueOfProperty -

FreePOP Properties
POPHostname - POPPort - POPUsername - POPPassword - POPTimeout - Status -
StatusText - Error

ErrorText - MsgCount - MsgNumber - MsgUniqueID - MsgHeaders - MsgSubject -
MsgFrom - MsgReturnPath - MsgReplyTo - MsgDate - MsgSizeInK -
ConnectResponse - MsgContents - DebugMode - DebugFile

FreePOP Events
MsgReadStatus
Message read so far (in K)
Message size (in K)