[AccessD] OT: Quote of the day

Lawhon, Alan C Contractor/Morgan Research alan.lawhon at us.army.mil
Wed Feb 15 09:25:33 CST 2006

Susan:

I have bought, read, (and actually used!) some of the code (and code
snippets) in some of your programming books - especially your "Access"
programming books.  I have always felt that you have a very well
organized mind (programming wise) and a special knack for explaining
"technical things" very well.  (We won't get into your political views
... that's for the OT list.)

I'm curious about something.  Have you ever taken a standardized IQ test
- such as the Stanford-Binet assessment - and if so, what is your IQ?
(I took an on-line IQ test recently and scored 127 or 128.  The
assessment said I was "near genius" and capable of earning a doctoral
degree.  I laughed at this, thinking it was much more likely that the
web site was simply stroking my ego in hopes that I would actually pay
for some of their more "intensive and focused" tests ...)

It has always struck me that you are much smarter (and "intelligent")
than you let on.

Alan C. Lawhon