[AccessD] Order By

Thu Feb 16 14:28:35 CST 2006

Strictly code. Make you wonder why MS exposed the OrderedBy property but not
the OrderedByOn one in the form's Property Sheet.

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:58 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Order By

I'm going to sound totally "duh" here, but I've never heard of OrderByOn. Is
it only a code thing, or is it in the properties box?

Well, I knew it would be simple. Thanks Lambert and Dan!

>>> dwaters at usinternet.com 2/16/2006 2:29 PM >>>
John,

What I do if I want a form to be ordered is to use these two lines in the
Open event:

	Me.OrderbyOn = True
	Me.Orderby = "FieldName"

This lets you stay out of the recordsource field just to get things ordered.

Dan