[AccessD] Launching a dos program from Access 97

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Feb 25 10:22:20 CST 2006

Hi Tim

Look up the Shell() function ... it is exactly for this purpose.

Remember, if path contains spaces it must be wrapped in double-quotes, and full filename must be used (.exe).

/gustav

>>> boogieloogie at gmail.com 25-02-2006 17:12 >>>
I have a client using an old DOS program called prethin.exe. It is in a
folder called fmv. I do not need to pass any variables to it. Just need it
to lauch after I feed data to the underlying dbf's. Is it possible to launch
it with some vba code behind a button in Access 97? Anyone have a sample?

Thanks

Tim