[AccessD] Focus On Currrent Control After Update

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sat Feb 25 14:13:00 CST 2006

Hi Rocky,

I have to deal with this all the time.

The point is you can't set the focus to a control that already has the
focus.  And, you sometimes don't know if that control already has the focus.

1st Approach:

If you have a control that is ALWAYS enabled, but you're SURE will not have
the focus, then you can do this:

    '-- Move focus
    txtAlwaysEnabled.SetFocus
    txtWantFocusHere.SetFocus

2nd approach:

First, make an unbound, visible, unlocked, enabled textbox with transparent
background and border.  Call it txtSetFocusOnPurpose.

    '-- Move focus
    txtSetFocusOnPurpose.SetFocus
    txtWantFocusHere.SetFocus

3rd Approach:  (Which I never had much luck with)

    '-- Move focus
    If Screen.ActiveControl.Name <> "txtWantFocusHere" Then
        txtWantFocusHere.SetFocus
    End If

Hope this is of some help!

Dan