[AccessD] Hacking MDE (was Creating a demo Access app?)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Sat Feb 25 16:50:47 CST 2006

Marty,

I know how to do that with mde without Michael Kaplan's or Serge Gavrilov's
utilities.
In fact it's very easy and it can't be even called as hacking because it
uses undocumented feature and not more than that.
I did get on it occasionally while investigating MS Access internals trying
to workaround its bugs/limitations.

I have never announced this "knowledge" as a service or as an add-in.
Just in one case here I helped to get forms/reports designs when this
help was requested. And that time I used other technique, which needed much
more work than to just use mentioned above undocumented feature.
And this help was free. And it was for the author of the original software
who lost the sources.

And I have never used that knowledge to make copycat software.

Yes, I know Serge Gavrilov by e-mail but his utilities/business with MDEs is
his own business and his own responsibility - I can' t influence that. BTW,
Serge is living in Tcheliabinsk, Urals and I'm in St.Petersburg - we are
2000+ km apart - not a distance in Internet times but it is not my backyard
:)

Shamil