[AccessD] Launching a dos program from Access 97

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Feb 26 15:40:11 CST 2006

Hi Tim

Just guessing ... create a batch file that will launch and run the application.
You may need to use CD to make the folder of the app the current folder.
When success with this, use Shell() to launch the batch file.

If that fails, try with a shortcut or pif file.
Also, you may try using Shell() with the START command. Type START /? on the command line for help on this.

/gustav

>>> boogieloogie at gmail.com 26-02-2006 22:23 >>>
Hi Gustav

I should have explained myself a bit better. The particular program will not
fire by using

Dim ProgLaunch
ProgLaunch = Shell("C:\fmv\prethin.exe", 1) will crash it. For some reason
certain files are not fired when starting this way. I have no access to the
code nor the programmer of the dos program.

Some how I have to fire c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe change to the fmv folder
then launch prethin.exe from there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

I have to launch it from within the dos window. I do not know how to do this