[AccessD] Entering data in related tables in a single form

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Tue Feb 28 12:56:19 CST 2006

Is the data on paper (and must be input by hand) or electronic forms (where
maybe it could be parsed quickly with Monarch?)
Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: John Colby [mailto:jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:41 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Entering data in related tables in a single form

>I suppose your base is in "bounders camp" while looking  for this "quick
and dirty form" solution :)

LOL, yea, given I am an unholy bounder, going unbound would not qualify as
quick and dirty.

I have discovered that as long as you include the PK/FK pairs, and populate
the data in the parent/child order it seems to work.

This is a moderately complex database, normalized, with lookup tables etc.
and I need to get about 3 or 4 of the major tables populated with new claim
/ claimant / policy data from a ton of new claims on an "emergency" basis
(2000 claims input in then next couple of days).