[AccessD] Append/Update tables

John Eget joeget at vgernet.net
Mon Jan 2 08:29:26 CST 2006

I have a table "tblPA" in a database and have successfully imported the same file from another database.  So now I have "tblPA" and "tblPA1".  The tables have 4 identical fields called "Added Date", "Added Time", "Date Modified", and "Time Modified" plus several others.

I would like to append/update the "tblPA" by adding the new records from the "tblPA1" and append/update the records of "tblPA" if the table "tblPA1" has a later modified date and time.

First, I think I need to delete the records that need to be appended/updated from "tblPA" and then just add the records from "tblPA1" that are new.  That may all be possible by the Date and Time Modified fields and then just using the Added date and time to add the records to "tblPA"

I do believe that that will satisfy the process.  Do you agree? Have an example? Know where there is an example?

Thanks again

John