[AccessD] Withevents and object library version

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Thu Jan 5 16:58:01 CST 2006

I am starting dev on a little app to strip attachments off of outlook emails
and file them on the disk.  In order to do this I have to grab an instance
of outlook and sink events for it (emails hitting a sub-folder).

My issue is that of all the Office applications, Outlook is the ONE app that
the Office install only allows you to keep a single version of.  Thus I have
an issue developing in it since my version is 2003 and most of my clients
have 2002.  I can do everything else just using late binding but sinking
events just requires knowing the object type at compile time.

Does anyone have reliable code for determining which version of Outlook is
installed and referencing that lib at run time?