[AccessD] Buttons in spreadsheets

John Colby jwcolby at ColbyConsulting.com
Fri Jan 6 10:37:57 CST 2006

Is there any way to "drag and drop" a control such a check box onto cells of
a spreadsheet?  IOW, "bind" a checkbox to a cell?

If that can be done, can I do this programmatically?

I am trying to build a spreadsheet which will be attached to an email.  The
spreadsheet will have locked columns where I write info and a pair of
columns where the recipient "checks".  I would like to make the checks an
actual control so that I don't have to depend on them "getting it right".
The spreadsheet is then returned to me for processing.

While we are at it, how do I cause a square area of the spreadsheet to be a
named range?  I have never done this kind of stuff before and don't want to
spend time figuring it out if someone has done it before.

So I open a "template" spreadsheet, add data into two columns - anywhere
from a few to a hundred different rows, two columns.  Attach it to a
spreadsheet and mail it.  When I get it back, I open it, read data out of
two difference columns, looking for True/False (if controls in the cells) or
an X or something similar if no control.