[AccessD] What is up with AccessXP User Level Security??

Robert Gracie robert at servicexp.com
Sun Jan 29 10:42:44 CST 2006

 To start off, I'm am fairly familiar with user level security, or at
least I thought I was...

I'm upgrading a secured Access 2000 DB to Access 2002. I had some
initial trouble using the old mdw with the newly converted db. So I
de-secured the db, imported all the objects into a new 2002 db container
and ran the security wizard (I created a new mdw (duplicate, from
original mdw info), all went well.

I created 2 groups Manually, and assigned all necessary perms both in FE
and BE. So in testing I discovered that the only user, object owner,
used to create the new FE db can successfully relink tables and other
functions. So I gave FULL permissions for my 2 manually created groups
on all objects in the FE, & BE and then assign a user to one of the
groups, still no go. So I assign the user to the "Admins" group (still
assigned to the full permissions group I created) as a test (the Admins
group has completely revoked permissions to EVERYTHING) and whola links
perfectly.

The user has NO implicit permissions, they are all inherited.  I have
worked with jet security for quite some time, but this has be baffled...

Does anyone have any ideas on this...?

Robert Gracie
www.gbsysnow.com