[AccessD] OT - Changing a DSN Connection

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:24:35 CST 2006

On 05/01/06, Paul Hartland (ISHARP) <paul.hartland at isharp.co.uk> wrote:

> We are having a new server (very soon) and changing the name to something
> like AL-MASTER from AL-ORR the thing is I have a lot of Excel management
> reports which use various DSN's pointing to AL-ORR, is there something I
> could write in Access or VB that a a click of a button will find these DSN's
> and replace the server name ?
>
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul,

Here is a suggestion, and I don't know if it will work, but why not
create an alias in you internal DNS records to point AL-ORR to
AL-MASTER. That way you don't have to change any thing on the client
side.

Like I said, I don't know if this will work, but it may be worth looking into.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"